My Closest Companion




Why do I hurt without injury?

How is the pain of my soul so great?

Conflict. Tension. Frustration.

My addictions. My comforts.


Freedom from self alludes me.

Anxiety, my closest companion.

Its twin, fear, my constant night visitor.

Peace will not return my calls.


Happiness ignores me.

Freedom from emotions disappoint me.

Should I end it all?

Maybe this inner turmoil will pass.


Where is the prescription for this ill?

I feel so alone.

I feel so crowded as well.

Trapped. Falling in a bottomless well.


Freedoms from thoughts evade me.

How long will this be my existence?

Only the heavens know.

I do find relief in knowing,


It is this anxiety that reminds me that I am alive.

Conflict. Tension. Frustration.

My addictions. My comforts.

Freedom from self doesn’t concern me.


Inspiration: Poem written for a poetry contest. Though we may all face anxiety, Christians are to cast all their cares upon Christ because He cares for us. ~TRP~

Comments

Popular Posts