Welcome Home


Juliet said, “Parting is such sweet sorrow.”

We know how her story ended

Our time apart offered no sweetness

Only feelings of sorrow and emptiness

Emotions of regret and joy battle for victory

As I ponder the storms of our relational history

Regret is pinned downed conceding defeat

Present joy has rendered past sins obsolete.

Elated to set my eyes upon you

No sadness, only hope renewed.

Excitement fills me from the core to the bone

As I open my mouth declaring, “Welcome Home!”

Inspiration: This poetic piece describes the joy at a long awaited reunion. Based upon the story of the Prodigal Son found in Luke 15:11-24 – “And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.” ~TRP~

© 2023 The Refined Poet. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular Posts